Saturday 5 March 2016

About

If you'd been trying to conceive for almost 6 years, suffered two miscarriages, almost died from a rare IVF side effect, but finally got your much wanted baby, surely you would love and cherish every single second of motherhood? I had definitely expected to and so when faced with feelings of depression, anxiety and a longing for my old life, I was not only surprised, but riddled with guilt.

I wanted to write an unedited account of just what it is really like to raise a 'rainbow' child. To admit that it isn't all sunshine and lollipops and that although we are thankful, (my god are we thankful!) sometimes being a parent is not quite the dream I'd spent 6 long, grueling years imagining.

This is my account from day one (well technically the blog was started on day 42). A blog that will not pander to the belief that after struggling for so long to get this child, any emotion other than pure joy should be met with extra lashings of guilt. This will be a true account of the good, the bad and the ugly.  This is our journey (can those last two sentences be any more cliché?).

No comments:

Post a Comment